- DIY Studded Denim Jeans (Clones & Clowns) here.
- DIY Cut Out Men’s Shirt (Pretty Quirky Pants) here.
- DIY Cut Out Shirt. Cut out part of top and line with tulle frabric above the bra line (A Matter of Syle) here.
- Three DIY We Are Owls “Poem Ivory” Knockoff Scarf Tutorials here.
- DIY Dip Dye Ombre Denim (Swellmayde) here.
- DIY Tie Dye Denim. (Swellmayde) here.
- Nine Unique DIY and Inspiration Collars here.
- DIY Sharpie Pen Tie Dye for Everyone (Crown Hill) here.
- DIY Lace Cardigan Inspired by Anthropologie’s Brushed Lace Cardigan (Two Butterflies) here.
Not that I recommend mutilating books….but this is completely adorable and nerdy and I love it.
I’d suggest buying a second copy of a book you already love, preferably used (so that you know it’s already lived its life) and so that you can actually talk about it, if someone asks you why you’re carrying that particular book around.
(Here’s the link to the tutorial: http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/2011/01/cwts-reveal-book-clutch-how-to.html)
Glass Bottle DIY
Roundup of Nine DIY Barefoot Sandals. What I found: photography of ugly and pretty feet, a huge trend in baby barefoot sandals, and tons of patterns for sale on Ravelry and Etsy. This is in response to a question asked by color-is-a-way-of-life:
Hi! I’ve been looking at some barefoot sandals that I think are crocheted and I would love to know how to make them. Could you please find me a tutorial for that?
- Barefoot Beaded Sandals. Made with forgiving beading elastic (Project Wedding) here.
- Tatted Barefoot Sandals (does anyone know how to tat? I don’t, but these were pretty). From Instructables here.
- Clematis Crochet Barefoot Sandals pattern here.
- Simple Crochet Barefoot Sandals (Crochet by Cordelia) here.
- Crochet Barefoot Sandals (Crochet Pattern Central) here.
- Easy Crochet Barefoot Sandals here.
- $5.20 Barefoot Sandal Crochet Pattern on Etsy here.
- Baby Barefoot Sandals from a Tee Shirt - I’m sorry, but there are so many barefoot baby sandals out there! (Tutus & Tea Parties) here.
- Barefoot Sandles (Cut Out + Keep) here.
Refinery29 has a great idea on how to transform a plain white shirt into a chic new piece ! Dip-dyeing a shirt is actually very easy. Dilute a bit of fabric dye into a bucket and hang the shirt (pants or whatever you choose) over the edge of the bucket and into the dye. Let it sit for a few hours or dye multiple time for different looks ! Check Refinery29.com for more awesome DIY’s and fashion news.